Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reading Professional Books

I love reading professional books, but rarely have time! For the next six moths I am going to read them and post reviews here. First up, Readicide: How Schools are Killing Reading and What You Can Do about It by Kelly Gallagher. It looks to be a book about how turning everything nto a lesson that teaches how to analyze every book and reading assignment to death as if it were a passge on a test is killing to joy of reading and creating a generation of kids who do not read for pleasure, since they take no pleasure in reading.

I'm looking forward to the "What I can do about it" part. Uh-oh. Looks like I'm missing graduate school again! Somebody remind me that I can't go back for another degree till Jack is much older!

Can't wait! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment