Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thing 18 Wikis

My Wiki exercise is at http://dfw23things.wetpaint.com/page/MyLibraryLady

Wikis are very easy to set up and to maintain, and I have used them before. This particular site was very easy to manage and very clean looking. It is a very nice example of the wiki application and it is free! Very cool! I have not found an instance in my professional work so far where this option is better than a blog or the use of shared documents like Google Docs.

One great application I can think of is for book recomendations and reviews-- assuming people don't write over others' work accidentally like many studetns here in the 23 things blog did at first. I think that is why I have used blogs and tools like Shelfari instead. I look forward to reading other's posts and ideas about using Wikis in the library world. I
m sure my colleagues have some great ideas that will blow me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment