Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing 23 Reflection

Okay, if I am being totally honest, I must admit that I did not always love this project. When I had to explore and comment about things that I did not really care for or about things that I was pretty sure I would not use, I did not have the best attitude about it, but I did it anyways because I am a compulsive rule follower! LOL!

As I reflect on my own experience and hope to make a 23 Things for my staff and/or all the teachers in my district, I need to make sure that I address this issue with my people. I'm sure some of the things that I think are just fab, they will think are boring or not necessary to study. If I recall that going in, hopefully I will make good decisions in that realm or provide instruction that reminds them that if they pursue things they don’t care for initially, they may find that in the end, they will see the value of each thing.

I will use many of these technologies in my building. I am coming from a very technology-rich district into a district that is not quite as advanced, so I must be sure to be not only a technology cheerleader, but also a teacher, and supporter of the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment