Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing 21 Podcasts

Podcasts would be very useful to my patrons if they had internet access, which I am not sure about (new job!) In the library they could be used for the same things YouTube could be used for--library promotion, booktalks, lessons, instructions, children's work, etc.

Some of the podcasts I listened to that covered technology may be useful to my teachers, but in general I have found that they prefer hands on instrction in technology. I have had success recording kids' poetry and spoken word before--it was a fun way to publish their work on the Internet and share their performances.

In general, I think that the ease of publishing video has made podcasts less popular, even though podcasts are so much easier to create and publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment