Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing 19 Google Docs

What fun! I had used Google docs a little with my former library collegaues and we liked being able to each edit the docs. We used it for creating and adding to bibliographies and other special things like our author visit.

When I went into the spread sheet function in GOogle docs, I built a spreadsheet for my new job which is elementary librarian to two schools. I built a spreadshet to record book requests for teachers from each school. I saw the video explaining how to make a form for the spreadsheet and made that too! Now the teachers can just fill out a form with info on their name, date books needed, types of books, room number and school. I can monitor the spreadsheet from whichever campus I am currently stastioned and keep up with book requessts no matter where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment